Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Picnik

Picnik is another web 2.0 tool shown to me at the ISTE conference. It is a web 2.0 tool that allows the user to upload an image form their computer or from their social network and edit it. The editing tool is not as advanced as Photoshop or PhotoDraw but it is online so students can use it from home.




In my classroom, I have PhotoDraw and in the labs I have Photoshop so I would not use it during school hours with my students. This would be great software for students at home.

Advantages include that there is no download required. Another is that no login is needed. Disadvantages include that some features require the premium service. The site advertises the premium rate as $24.95 per year. That is not terrible in my opinion, however if I was a student that wanted advanced features I would use the software packages at school.

Below you can see my big bear picture from outside the conference center before and after using Picnik. (I used only the free version)





No comments:

Post a Comment